If you’re like me, then you absolutely love desserts. This holiday season I’m going to be sharing some of my favorite holiday recipes with all of you.
The next recipe is one that my mom and I have made every year. I guess I will call them ‘Mint Chocolate Cookies.’ It is a very weird mix, chocolate and Ritz Crackers?! What?! But I promise you they are very tasty, it is the perfect mix of sweet & salty that you’re looking for.
- A box of Ritz Crackers
- Mint Chocolate Wafers (I’d recommend starting with at least a pound of chocolate).
- You can find these at your local cake stores or at a BULK food store.
- Two pots
- One must be smaller than the other.
- Parchment paper/Wax paper
- Spread out parchment paper/wax paper along your table or countertop.
- Heat up 1 pot of water on the stove, it does not need to be boiling.
- Start by putting chocolate in the smaller empty pot. You’ll want to keep in mind that you have to stir and melt this chocolate, so don’t add more than you see fit.
- You will hold the pot with chocolate in the pot of hot water, but above the water. Stir and melt the chocolate until you have a good smooth consistency.
- You will then place ritz crackers in the chocolate one by one, flipping and covering it with chocolate using your spoon.
- Place on parchment/wax paper to cool.
- Repeat until you have the desired amount of cookies.
- You can store these in a container in your cupboard or if you want to keep them cool you can store them in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy these sweet & salty mint chocolate cookies!